DB28GS Grand Bleu
2019: De Bethune presents its first 100% sports watch.
This new chapter begins with a technical and elegant diver’s model.
Placing innovation at the heart of the creative process. Adopting a continuity-based approach with regard to the work undertaken by the master-watchmakers of the Age of Enlightenment. Not repeating, but instead pursuing ingenious reflection while improving precision, reliability, readability and comfort: Denis Flageollet, an outdoor sports enthusiast, felt the need to create a sporty diving watch combining technical and aesthetic refinement.
• A new calibre, the 27th bearing the De Bethune signature, with central seconds and a five-day power reserve indicated on the dial.
• Water resistance to more than 100 meters,
• A good readability of the dial including in the darkest depths thanks to an ingenious lighting system inside the movement, produced by a fully mechanical means that works on a miniature dynamo principle.
• A new blue photoluminescent material named the “Blue Moon” – developed in partnership with Black Badger and now proprietary to De Bethune - to improve the readability of the hands, indices and timer, daytime and nighttime, whilst remaining true to De Bethune's hallmark blue radiant color spectrum.
• A rotating bezel that rotates this time with the sapphire crystal to indicate dive times, which enables the model to remain elegantly slender.
• A 44mm case with a black zirconium case middle (“Microlight” decoration), made of brushed and hand polished grade 5 titanium caseback and bezel, the 12 o’clock crown position and above all the presence of the patented system of floating lugs that adapt to wrist size and movements.
• The model is delivered with two straps: a canvas version and a striated natural rubber iteration with titanium folding clasp, which also contributes to the practical and pleasant wearer comfort of this timepiece.